Thanks to the support of our generous sponsors, donors and community supporters,
2015 was another year for the record books at ATG!
We cannot start the year without giving our sincerest thanks to all of you out there who have supported Against The Grain and our causes through your participation, attendance at our events, donations, sponsorship and volunteerism this past year. You have truly helped our organization grow and affect meaningful change in our community. Here are some highlights from 2015:
- Our #beCAUSE campaign continues to inspire others toward daily philanthropic thought, action and giving.
- In partnership with the National Association of Asian American Professionals, we brought our 4th Annual Groundbreakers Speak: A Conversation with Asian American Movers and Shakers to a national platform at the NAAAP National Convention, which included an amazing panel of award-winning, socially conscious and influential voices in the Asian American community to inspire, motivate and mentor our audience with their personal journeys of leadership and resilience.
- At our 7th Annual Fashion for a Passion, we showcased another talented group of Asian American designers, artists and performers to a full house of 450 guests and raised more than $43,000 net, the most from this event to date, for our supported orphanages and underprivileged children, scholarship fund and community outreach programs.
- Throughout the year, we partnered with restaurants and retailers to creatively raise money for our various causes.
As active stewards, we:
- Gave nearly $30,000 to our supported orphanages in Vietnam, Cambodia, The Philippines and Thailand, expanding our aid to include underprivileged children.
- Awarded $10,000 in Artistic Leadership Scholarships to ten talented high school seniors, undergraduate and graduate students as well as $1,000 in camp scholarships to ten young adoptees to attend culture/heritage camps across the country.
- Attended Vietnamese Heritage Camps as a team and participated in community festivals to increase unity and awareness of our causes and culture.
- Received an important $5,000 grant at the end of 2015 from the Orchid Giving Circle and Dallas Women’s Foundation to begin our next documentary that will uncover the sensitive subject of domestic violence against Asian women and children, bringing us back to our roots to produce compelling content that will share untold stories to educate and inspire.
The coming years will bring essential change to allow us to expand our reach nationally and globally while continuing our vision to do what ATG does best – to give and to inspire. On behalf of our wonderful board, I invite you to reflect on your own legacy of giving and send you thanks again for joining us on this journey to go Against The Grain.
With warm regards,
Tammy Nguyen Lee
President and Co-Founder
Against The Grain Productions