Professional. Committed. Passionate. Great Time Management. Excellent follow through. Mature. Resourceful. Creative. ATG Attitude. #beCAUSE
Are you looking to make a difference? Want to get more involved with the community? Want to make amazing friends, have life changing experiences and feed your soul? As we gear up for an important year ahead and a return to our production roots with a new documentary, ATG is currently recruiting skilled, enthusiastic, dedicated, disciplined and experienced leaders who have the necessary time to join our 2017 ATG Tribe!
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE FRIDAY, DECEMBER 9!
- Please carefully review the role for which you are applying below as well as the ATG Board of Directors Responsibilities. Schedule a call with the President to answer any questions.
- Fill out and return the ATG Tribe Application along with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 9th. Phone interviews and voting will be held by middle of December and Tribe announced before Christmas.
- Mark your calendar for 2017 ATG Tribe “Retreat,” a mandatory half-day training, vision and planning meeting on Sunday, January 8th from 2-6 pm.
President (FILLED: Tammy Nguyen Lee)
- Is a member of the Board.
- Serves as the Chief Volunteer of the organization.
- Provides leadership to the Board of Directors.
- Chairs meetings of the Board.
- Encourages Board’s role in strategic planning
- Appoints the chairpersons of committees, in consultation with other Board members.
- Serves ex officio as a member of committees and attends their meetings when invited.
- Helps guide and mediate Board actions with respect to organizational priorities and governance concerns.
- Monitors financial planning and financial reports.
- Plays a leading role in fundraising activities .
- Informally evaluates the effectiveness of the Board members.
- Evaluates annually the performance of the organization in achieving its mission.
- Performs other responsibilities assigned by the Board.
- Sign legal documents.
- Is a member of the Board .
- Performs President responsibilities when the President cannot be available (see President Job Description) .
- Reports to the Board’s President .
- Works closely with the President and other Board members .
- Participates closely with the President to develop and implement officer transition plans. 6. Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the Board.
- Skills needed: Non-profit leadership, project management, strong communication/organization skills, experience in social media and fundraising, relationship builder, long-term and short-term strategic thinker.
Director of Community Outreach
Director of Marketing/Public Relations
- Is a member of the Board.
- Spearhead campaigns to increase community awareness of organization by means of traditional methods (create branding, printed marketing and promotional materials including postcards, pamphlets, brochures, brag book, display board) and knowledge of Social Media outlets (update and maintain blogs, website and e-campaign).
- Write news stories and press releases, acting as key liaison to print and news/media organizations and individuals.
- Is an active participant in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts.
- Participates in fundraising for the organization.
- Skills needed: English/PR/Advertising background, strong press/newsletter writing skills, strong communication/organization skills, time management, advanced planning skills for both overall and immediate tasks, strategic thinking, experience with outside-the-box thinking, ability to work accurately and efficiently under tight turn-around/deadlines, experience in social media and graphic design a plus.
Director of Fundraising
Director of Programming/Events
Social Media Chair (non Board)
Graphic Designer (non Board)
ATG Ambassadors (non Board)
- a) Marketing/Public Relations – Write/research for select blog post, create collateral (“arts and crafts” for events and festivals), assist with planning and execution of marketing and PR campaigns.
- b) Community Outreach – Help with scholarship review process, plan and help run ATG booth at community festivals, attend community meetings to represent ATG, assist with planning and attending Vietnamese Heritage camp during the summer
- c) Fundraising – Help with soliciting sponsors, assist with research for grant applications, brainstorm, fundraising ideas and campaigns, help solicit and organize items for event auction collection
Production/Media Assistant (non Board)
- a) Research and development
- b) Collection of releases
- c) Transcription of interviews
Advisor (appointed by President)
- a) Orphanage Aid
- b) Logistics
- c) Non-profit leadership management
- d) Organizational strategic planning
- e) Adoptee Relations