Scholarships Go Live: January 1, 2022
Application Deadline: May 31, 2022
Winner Announcement: August 31, 2022
If you would like to contribute to the ATG Artistic Scholarship fund, please click on the donate button below. Any level of support is greatly appreciated.
The Against The Grain Artistic Scholarship provides financial assistance and promotion of Asian American college students pursuing a major in the performing, visual arts, journalism and/or mass communications.
Awards: $1,000 to be applied toward school tuition and fees
**Please note that funds will be disbursed directly to the educational institution in the student’s name.
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be of at least 25% Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity
- Must be a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the U.S.
- Must be either a high school senior or a college student currently enrolled fulltime at an accredited U.S. vocational, junior college, or four-year college/university and must be a full- time, associate/bachelor/master degree seeking student by the upcoming academic calendar year and pursuing a major in the visual/performing arts (film, theatre, fashion, photography, graphic design, dance, music, journalism, mass communications, etc.)
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted)
- Family members of Board members are ineligible
Selection Criteria: Selection is based on a rating system judged in five major categories. The candidate with the highest combined cumulative points will receive the scholarship. These categories are:
- Quality of content submission (essay, artistic portfolio)
- Academic performance
- Leadership/community service experience and contribution
- Letters of recommendation
- Phone/in-person committee interview
Disbursement: Funds will be disbursed directly to the educational institution in the student’s name.
Please note that Scholarship Winners will be required to submit a short 1 minute “thank you” video to be uploaded to our social media.